On this web page are resources to deepen understanding of ICT literacy and its integration into curricula. The web page also notes professional development opportunities.
ICT Literacy Standards and Guidelines
Teaching ICT Literacy
MERLOT offers several ways to locate information about teaching ICT literacy.
1. Search by MERLOT category index under:
2. Consult MERLOT Community Portals:
3. As noted on the main page, For an introduction to MERLOT and its use to support ICT literacy, see the workshop at https://contentbuilder.merlot.org/toolkit/html/stitch.php?s=80679667629935
4. MERLOT has several tutorials that address digital media tools and their use. For example, this set of tutorials cover the production aspects and pedagogical considerations for the creation of instructional videos for online delivery: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZgQcUOVj_STYVjhKkPytl-RDVKZ4Wm7aXPUqo4NkoAo/edit
5. Curriculum is only as good as its resources. MERLOT and its linked libraries provide thousands of creditable, appropriate learning objects. Nevertheless, it is important to know how to evaluate digital resources. You can look at a MERLOT peer review to see useful criteria for evaluation. Here are a couple of other good guides.
Professional Development Opportunities
CSU’s Course Redesign with Technology program is a good way to learn how to incorporate ICT literacy into the curriculum.
Upcoming events include:
© 2007 California State University
Concept and design by the Center for Distributed Learning