Automatic Sync Systemwide Contract
The CSU has established a systemwide agreement with Automatic Sync to provide significant discounts on transcription and captioning services.
- The Master Pricing Agreement, which describes the range and cost of services offered under this contract, is available on the CSU Contract Store. Search for 'Automatic Sync' in the Vendor field to locate this MPA.
- Automatic Sync also offers several other services not covered by this agreement that CSU users may utilize and receive direct billing:
- DVD Transfer (conversion of uncaptioned VHS tapes and DVDs to captioned DVDs)
- Elluminate/Blackboard Collaborate (direct conversion of webinar recordings to captioned M4V videos)
- Video encoding (embedding text tracks within M4V video files)
- Spanish translation
- Use the CaptionSync CSU System Account Sign Up form to request an account. Your account request will be reviewed and approved by the campus administrator.
- Automatic Sync has assigned the CSU its own account representative: Kara Stark, (877) 278-7962 x715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Terms and Conditions for Using AST (doc)
Support Resources from Automatic Sync
- New CaptionSync users should review the Getting Started with Automatic Sync video and handout.
- The Resources section of Auto Sync's website offers a wide range of support resources including How-To Tutorials, FAQs, and Presentations.
- The Support section of Auto Sync's website outlines procedures for requesting technical support.
- The CaptionSync Support Wiki is available from the Help link once you login with your CaptionSync account.
- Automatic Sync has conducted several webinars/presentations for the CSU:
Captioning Resources From the CSU
- Captioning Guide (pdf) - Resources created by the CSU as well as other organizations, such as Automatic Sync Technologies and Adobe. Tools are suggested and where possible, training is provided for using them. March 2008.
- "Do-It-Yourself" Video Captioning - Hands-on training and equipment to use to caption short videos; links to off-campus resources for captioning longer videos; samples of captioned videos, Link to off-site vendor for captioning needs, 2008. Format: HTML. Contact: Dan Mull, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, (805) 756-2212.
Captioning Resources From Outside the CSU
The following resources are lists provided and maintained by the High Tech Training Center Unit of the California Community Colleges.
Top of Page